Quartz Countertop Surfaces
Santamargherita Quartz surfaces are very easy to maintain and with simple care, will retain its luster and beauty for many years. For routine cleaning, use a damp cloth or paper towel and, if necessary, a small amount of mild soap. Once clean, rinse and dry surface thoroughly. Specialized products such as Quick Clean and Plus 10, available from VMC Technical Assistance Corporation, can be used to further assist with routine care and maintenance.
Removing Difficult Spills
Even though Santamargherita Quartz resists permanent staining when exposed to liquids (such as wine, vinegar, tea, lemon juice and soda) or fruits and vegetables, wipe up spills as soon as possible.
For stubborn or dried spills, use a nonabrasive cleaning pad such as a white 3M Scotch-Brite scrub pad combined with a small amount of mild soap or specialized stone cleaner.
Preventing Heat and Other Damage
Santamargherita Quartz is heat resistant and can withstand limited exposure to normal cooking temperatures from pots, pans and dishes without being damaged. Although Santamargherita Quartz is more heat resistant than any other stone surface, it is still subject to potential damaged when exposed to sudden and extreme temperature changes. For this reason, we recommend the use of trivets and hot pads whenever possible. Santamargherita Quartz is also scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Therefore, when using a knife, a cutting board is always recommended.
Quartz Floor Surfaces
Santamargherita Quartz floors in high traffic areas should be cleaned daily with a clean, dry dust mop or soft bristle broom. Santamargherita Quartz floors in low traffic areas can be cleaned less frequently using the same method. Spills should be spot treated with the use of a damp mop or cloth towel and, if necessary, a small amount of mild soap or specialized stone cleaner.
Santamargherita Quartz floors should be cleaned thoroughly once a week or as needed due to traffic. Begin with a dry dust mop or soft bristle broom and remove loose dirt and debris. Then, clean the entire floor using a damp mop combined with a low-pH neutral floor cleaner such as VMC-30, available from VMC Technical Assistance Corporation. A floor machine such as a slow speed buffer or walk behind scrubber can be used for larger commercial environments. Be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove any haze residue that may diminish the shine and beauty of the floor.
Heavily Soiled Floors
As with any floor, it makes sense to clean up spills as soon as possible. For stubborn or dried spills, use a nonabrasive cleaning pad such as a white 3M Scotch-Brite scrub pad combined with a small amount of mild soap or specialized stone cleaner.
Chemicals To Avoid
Avoid exposing any Santamargherita Quartz surface to chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. Keep nail polish remover, bleach or cleansers that contain bleach, bluing, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps away from Legacy. While casual exposure to alkaline materials will not damage Santamargherita Quartz, highly alkaline (high-pH) cleansers are not recommended when cleaning Santamargherita Quartz. If any of the substances listed above come into contact with Santamargherita Quartz, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with water.
Santa Margherita S.p.A. warrants to the owner of the original installation that its Santamargherita Quartz surfacing (the product), when installed in accordance with Santa Margheritas current installation procedures shall be free from manufacturing defects for a period of ten (10) years from the date of completion of installation of the product.
This warranty applies to the repair or replacement of failed material that has been permanently installed in your residence. The option to repair or replace the material is at the sole discretion of Santa Margherita S.p.A. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator or any other person is authorized to make any warranty or promises on behalf of Santa Margherita S.p.A. with respect to Santa Margherita quartz surfacing products. No terms or conditions other than those stated herein, and no agreement or understanding, oral or written, in any way purporting to modify this warranty shall be binding upon Santa Margherita unless made in writing and signed by an authorized employee of Santa Margherita S.p.A.
Santa Margherita S.p.A. shall be responsible for either replacement of the product found by it to be defective or, at Santa Margherita's option to pay the product replacement cost, but in no case more than the original invoice cost of the product found to be defective. Under no circumstances will Santa Margherita S.p.A. be responsible for the cost of other material or products in addition to the quartz surfacing which is the subject of this warranty, nor will Santa Margherita pay for the cost of fabrication, removal or installation of the defective product.
Terms and Conditions
- This warranty applies to products that have been maintained according to the Santa Margherita's quartz surfacing care and maintenance Instructions, available at www.santamargherita.net.
- This warranty is issued to the original owner of the structure into which the warranted product was originally permanently installed. This residential warranty is transferable within the 10-year period following initial installation, provided the new owner registers with Santa Margherita in writing.
- This warranty covers products that have been registered with Santa Margherita within 30 (thirty) days of original installation. To register, complete the online form available at www.santamargherita.net.
- This warranty shall be null and void unless the products have been paid for in full.
- Santa Margherita S.p.A. or Santa Margherita's authorized agents must be permitted to inspect the product and thereafter to follow Santa Margheritas warranty services procedures. All decisions regarding the existence of manufacturing defects or affecting this warranty shall be made by Santa Margherita S.p.A. and shall be final binding upon the parties.
- This warranty does not cover damages caused by mishandling, misuse, and damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions physical or chemical abuse, chemical damage, or uses of products exposed to outside weather and climate conditions.
- This warranty does not cover damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, climate, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural movement, acts of vandalism, accident, war.
- If after or during installation you decide that you do not like the color or finish you selected, that decision is not covered under this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover natural variations in the color, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or the natural variations in background tone. These characteristics are inherent and unique characteristics of the product. Color samples provided to consumers, dealers and fabricators are only representative and not an exact replication of what will be installed in your home.
- This warranty does not cover scratches. Santa Margherita is a very hard material and highly scratch resistant but not scratch proof. Proper care must be exercised including the use of a cutting board as part of your care and maintenance.
- This warranty does not cover what is referred to as spots or blemishes smaller than a U.S. twenty-five (25) cent piece. A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material.
- This warranty does not cover thermal shock, seam appearance and/or seam performance, improper, insufficient or poorly designed support, cabinets, structures or substrates for countertops. Once the product is installed, the main reasons for seam separation or cracking are the shifting or movement of the substrate, cabinets or foundation, and thermal shock. Thermal shock can occur when a hot pan, dish or other receptacle or object is left on the countertop for more than a brief period. Trivets or hot pads should always be used.
- This warranty does not cover any defects that were visible at the time of fabrication and were not avoided during fabrication. Fabricators are required to perform a visual inspection of all materials prior to fabrication and again prior to installation.
- This warranty does not cover failures due to fabricators/installers not following the prescribed fabrication and installation procedures as outlined by Santa Margherita S.p.A., included, but not limited to, creative use of the material (e.g. bending, curving, milling, reducing thickness), securing mechanical fasteners directly into the material, dry cutting or polishing, altering of any factory applied finish, not following the minimum requirements for edge details.
- This warranty does not cover additional modifications such as plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, flooring etc. that may be necessary to repair or replace the Santa Margherita products.
- SANTA MARGHERITA S.p.A. SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY OTHER LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE INSTALLATION OF ITS QUARTZ SURFACING. IN NO EVENT SHALL SANTA MARGHERITA S.p.A. BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER LOSS), WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF SANTA MARGHERITA S.p.A. EVEN IF SANTA MARGHERITA S.p.A. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
Registration and Service
To register for the Limited Warranty you must complete the Limited Warranty Registration and Service Questionnaire by going online to www.santamargherita.net.
To make a claim or obtain service under this Limited Warranty you must submit your claim in writing to:
The claim is to be submitted within thirty (30) days of the failure of Santa Margherita quartz surfacing material.
Please, provide the following information:
- Copy of your Warranty online registration form, or identification number. In the event that no record or your warranty is on file, you must provide a proof of purchase in the form of a copy of your original receipt or invoices showing the name of the Owner.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available)
- Description of the product application for which the claim is made, including the color and thickness of the product.
- Date of purchase or date of installation, whichever is earlier.
- Name or Retailer, Installer or Fabricator from whom you purchased the Product.
- A description of the claim.
A Santa Margherita Customer Care Representative will contact you to follow up on your claim.
This warranty shall be interpreted exclusively under the laws of Italy.